Welcome back to The Earth Sea Love Podcast for Season 2, Episode 027, with a conversation between your host, Dr. Sheree Mack, with Soraya Abdel-Hadi from All The Elements.
Soraya Abdel-Hadi is an award-winning writer, artist, and advocate for women and diversity in the UK outdoors.
In this episode you get to enjoy the conversation around:
- Lockdown fatigue
- Paying attention to the seasons.
- All the Elements
- Building community to create diversity in the outdoors
- Creativity to bring about change
- Barriers to equitable access to the outdoors
- Fear – internal and external
- The dominate image of the Great Outdoors is male
- Operating from a place of privilege
- Mixed heritage backgrounds
- Getting an outdoors fix with horses and climbing
- Working with women and sustainability through a holistic lens
- How the Black Live Matter movement applies to the UK
- How to keep hoping and moving forward for change
Soraya Abdel-Hadi is an award-winning writer, artist, and advocate for women and diversity in the UK outdoors. She believes in taking a holistic approach to making the world a better place, and writes about sustainability, nature and adventure travel. Soraya is Lonely Planet Sustainable Storyteller 2021 and founder of the All The Elements – a community working to increase diversity in the UK outdoors. She is mixed race – white British / black Sudanese.
Personal website: www.soraya.earth
Socials: @sorayaearth on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
All The Elements website (including free directory and resources): www.alltheelements.co
Socials: @alltheelements_ on Twitter and Instagram
All the Elements next social will take place on 3rd June, and details can be found here.